Thursday, September 14, 2006

Zechariah 2:10-11 A PROMISED MESSIAH

For lo I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee saith the Lord.
And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day and shall be my people;
and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent
me unto thee. Zechariah 2:10-11

For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 2 Corinthians 6:16

Zechariah gave many warnings to the Israelites about their fathers failing God but gave them a promise to look forward to. That he would dwell amongst his people. Even though they have always failed him and been the fruitless vine, he would visit and dwell with and in his people.
He also gives us hope here as gentiles. The nations would come to the Lord. Wow! Could you imagine being a jew hearing this prophecy that God would come and be the God for all people.
Then it happened. He came. At pentecost God poured out his Spirit to dwell in and with man and that anyone who will can come to him. The prophecy of Zechariah was fulfilled.
Paul, after the Spirit came, was responsible to explain this to us and to the Corinthians by proclaiming to them, "You are the temple of God". Did you here those words. We are his dwelling place. Let that sink into your thoughts today. Meditate on this and realize you are a treasure to God. His temple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home